Wooden Legs Brewing Company (WLBC) was founded in 2010 with the dream to accomplish two primary goals: to introduce the community, region, and all visitors to the enjoyment of drinking beer for the taste; and to create an environment that leaves visitors more inclined to seek out and share ideas with long-time friends, new acquaintances, and everyone in between.
Job Title: Assistant Brewer and Cellar Worker
Job Description: Wooden Legs Brewing Company is looking for a people-focused assistant brewer to join the production team! The position will begin as a paid 60-day internship and then transition to a formal company position. If you love craft beer, this is the job for you.
The position will be full-time and require flexible hours. The assistant brewer will learn from the Head Brewer,and other members of the production team, how to perform various tasks to facilitate daily production requirements at the brewery, including brewing, packaging, cleaning, facility maintenance, raw materials/cooperage/packaging logistics, etc.
Prior brewing experience or education is not required but encouraged.
The ideal candidate is a reliable self-starter who is comfortable working autonomously while supporting the policies, goals and safety practices of Wooden Legs Brewing Company.
- Contribute to a culture of open communication and mutual respect.
- Perfect and implement existing policies and procedures.
- Work with the Front of House Management Team to create schedules to meet forecasts.
- Monitor and continuously improve production operations with regard to quality and efficiency.
- Ensure a safe working environment and support safety improvements.
- Oversee orderliness of the production areas to a degree that they are perpetually clean and organized.
- Identify cost-savings and develop corrective action plans.
- Proudly represent Wooden Legs Brewing Company at beer dinners, festivals, company events, and wherever else you may be or may be needed.
Wooden Legs Brewing Company is looking for the right candidate who will have proven leadership abilities, and is prized for their creativity and flexibility.
It Would Be Great If Candidate Had Experience With:
- Operating, maintaining and troubleshooting electric stainless brewhouses & keg cleaning/filling systems, and Allen Bradley (or similar) PLCs.
- Must be over 21 years of age
- Able to work well independently and with a team.
- Able to routinely and repetitively lift 55lbs – 170lbs
- Able to work a flexible schedule (including Night and Weekends)
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, be computer literate, and have familiarity with Google Drive and Documents products.
- Strong skills in leadership and personnel development.
- Be able to stand on feet for entirety of shift
- Able to pass drug test
- Unique and wonderful personality, abundant energy and zest for life.
- A passion for craft beer.
Compensation: The position will begin as a paid internship for up to 60 days and transition into a paid company position assuming a good fit for both the candidate and the company.
Contact Person: Seth Koch, Owner
To apply for this job please visit woodenlegsbrewing.com.