South Dakota State University is an NCAA Division I institution competing in The Summit League for all sports with the exception of football, which competes in the Missouri Valley Football Conference; wrestling, which competes in the Big XII Conference; and women’s equestrian, which competes in the National Collegiate Equestrian Association.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Assistant Director of Ticket Sales and Service will be responsible for generating ticket sales revenue through season tickets, group tickets, single game tickets, and premium seating. This position will also assist with other revenue generating activities (i.e. donations) and implement strategies to improve customer relations.
- Earned Bachelor’s degree by date of application.
- Experience in any of the following areas: Ticket Sales, Marketing, Fundraising and/or Customer Service with an intercollegiate athletic department and/or a professional/semiprofessional organization with an equivalent combination of experience to equal at least one (1) year.
- General knowledge and understanding of sales and marketing concepts.
- General knowledge and understanding of fundraising development practices.
- Demonstrated computer application skills.
- Self-directed and motivated.
- Effective communication (oral, written and interpersonal) skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work various hours including nights and weekends.
- Earned Master’s degree.
- Previous work experience in a sales environment, ticket office, university athletic department, or sports organization is preferred.
- Knowledge of Neulion Total Ticketing software.
- Knowledge and success with the concepts of development, cultivation and/or solicitation practices.
- Ability to develop and implement strategic sales plans with proven results.
- Proven history of working game days for a collegiate or professional sports organization.
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Position is open until filled with full consideration given to applications received by June 21, 2016.
APPLICATION PROCESS: SDSU accepts applications through an on-line employment site. To apply, visit: https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu, search by the position title, view the job announcement, and click on “apply for this posting.” The system will guide you through the electronic application form. The employment site will also require the attachment of a cover letter, which should specifically address how the candidate meets the qualifications as outlined in the advertisement; resume; and a reference page with the contact information for three professional references. E-mail applications will not be accepted. Please contact SDSU Human Resources at (605) 688-4128 if you require assistance with this process.
SDSU is especially interested in candidates that can contribute to and/or coordinate course offerings that address the experiences of underrepresented minorities in organizations. Women, persons with disabilities, minorities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Any offer of employment is contingent on the university’s verification of credentials and other information required by law and/or university policies, including but not limited to, a criminal background check.
For questions on the position, contact Scott Brown, Search Chair, at (605) 697-7475 or by email at Scott.Brown@sdstate.edu.
To apply for this job please visit yourfuture.sdbor.edu.