South Dakota State University is an NCAA Division I institution competing in the Big XII Conference.
RESPONSIBILITIES: This full-time, 12 month position will assist in all aspects of maintaining a successful NCAA Division I wrestling program. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: recruitment of prospective student-athletes; development of the team/student-athletes by coaching; travel coordination; monitoring academic performance; and building positive social skills. This position will also perform administrative duties; assist with summer camp responsibilities; and perform other duties as assigned.
- Earned Bachelor’s degree.
- At least one year of experience in collegiate wrestling coaching, successful intercollegiate competition at high level, graduate assistant and/or club coaching experience.
- Commitment to promote an atmosphere of compliance and adherence to institutional, conference, and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Effective communication (oral, written, and interpersonal) skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Division I collegiate coaching experience.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit student-athletes.
- Proven career path and success as intercollegiate wrestler.
- Understanding of NCAA Division I rules and regulations.
- Experience with monitoring academic performance of student-athletes.
- Demonstrated public relations and fundraising experience.
SALARY: Contingent upon experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled. Review of applications will begin May 31, 2016.
APPLICATION PROCESS: SDSU accepts applications through an on-line employment site. To apply, visit:
https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu, view job announcement, and click on “apply for this posting.” The system will guide you through the electronic application form. The employment site will also require the attachment of a cover letter, which should specifically address how the candidate meets the qualification as outlined in the advertisement; resume; and reference page with the contact information for three professional references. Please contact SDSU Human Resources at (605) 688-4128 if you require assistance with this process. Email or paper applications will not be accepted.
SDSU actively seeks to increase social and intellectual diversity among its faculty and staff. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Any offer of employment is contingent on the university’s verification of credentials and other information required by law and/or university policies, including but not limited to, a criminal background check.
For questions on the position, contact Jon Reader, search chair at (605) 688-6972 or by email: Jon.Reader@sdstate.edu.
To apply for this job please visit yourfuture.sdbor.edu.