South Dakota State University is an NCAA Division I institution competing in The Summit League for all sports with the exception of football, which competes in the Missouri Valley Football Conference; wrestling, which competes in the Big XII Conference; and women’s equestrian, which competes in the National Collegiate Equestrian Association.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Broadcast Services Assistant will be responsible for videotaping home and away athletic events, coordinate streaming broadcasts of home events and produce all the video content made available through the athletic department’s online and social media platforms.
• Earned Bachelor’s degree by date of application. Preference in Communications, Journalism, or related field.
• Minimum one year of related experience in broadcasting or journalism.
• Experience with web-based video content.
• Demonstrated strong computer application skills.
• Self-directed and motivated.
• Effective communication (oral, written, and interpersonal) skills.
• Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to work various hours including nights and weekends.
• Earned Master’s degree. Preference in Communications, Journalism, or related field.
• Experience with videotaping and editing various sporting events at the intercollegiate level.
• Experience with producing sports content for television on a daily or weekly basis.
• Knowledge and understanding of athletic sports programs.
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Position is open until filled with full consideration given to applications received by June 21, 2016.
APPLICATION PROCESS: SDSU accepts applications through an on-line employment site. To apply, visit: https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu, search by the position title, view the job announcement, and click on “apply for this posting.” The system will guide you through the electronic application form. The employment site will also require the attachment of a cover letter, which should specifically address how the candidate meets the qualifications as outlined in the advertisement; resume; and a reference page with the contact information for three professional references. E-mail applications will not be accepted. Please contact SDSU Human Resources at (605) 688-4128 if you require assistance with this process.
SDSU is especially interested in candidates that can contribute to and/or coordinate course offerings that address the experiences of underrepresented minorities in organizations. Women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Any offer of employment is contingent on the university’s verification of credentials and other information required by law and/or university policies, including but not limited to, a criminal background check.
For questions on the position, contact Brian Brunner, Search Chair, at (605) 697-7475 or by email at Brian.Brunner@sdstate.edu.
To apply for this job please visit yourfuture.sdbor.edu.