BUDGET & ADMINISTRATION COORDINATOR
Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences Department;
SD Animal Disease Research and Diagnostic Laboratory
South Dakota State University
The Veterinary & Biomedical Sciences Department and the SD Animal Disease Research and Diagnostic Laboratory is offering a career opportunity as a Budget & Administration Coordinator. We are looking for a knowledgeable, accurate and personable professional to join us in coordination of all budget and administrative duties in the Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences Department and in the SD Animal Disease Research and Diagnostic laboratory. This is a 12 month, full-time position. SDSU is especially interested in candidates that can contribute significantly to the success of the department and the state diagnostic and research service laboratory. This positon works closely with many veterinarians and livestock producers in the state and region along with a well-qualified scientific, technical, and research faculty and staff.
Responsibilities include budget analysis, monitoring and implementation, assisting with financial performance, conducting annual audits, processing accounts receivable and payable, forecasting revenue from all sources, and monitoring and auditing all revenue and expenses. In addition, internal and external client support is needed, working with multiple outside clients (companies, private veterinarians, government entities, etc.) in addition to internal staff within the various sections of the diagnostic and research laboratory. Personnel management is also needed for faculty, staff, graduate students and undergraduate student labor including providing information on salary structure, benefits, position descriptions, and personnel issues.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience in accounting, finance, and/or budgeting.
• Ability to communicate effectively with diverse clients.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work as a contributing team member.
• Demonstrated use of technology in managing budgets including charting, excel, and graphing.
• Demonstrated ability or potential to plan, develop, implement, and evaluate budgets.
• Master’s degree or equivalent in management or budget related field with accounting and finance specialization.
• MBA, CPA or equivalent.
• Demonstrated experience (minimum 3 years) in university accounting, human resources, and purchasing experience.
• Demonstrated experience with personnel management.
• Experience in medical/veterinary field.
Commensurate with qualifications.
Position is open until filled with full consideration given to applications received by May 18, 2016.
SDSU accepts applications through an on-line employment site. To apply, visit: https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu, search by the position title, view the job announcement, and click on “apply for this posting.” The system will guide you through the electronic application form. The employment site will also require the attachment of a cover letter, which should specifically address how the candidate meets the qualifications as outlined in the advertisement; resume; and a reference page with the contact information for three professional references. Email applications will not be accepted. Please contact SDSU Human Resources at (605) 688-4128 or HR@sdstate.edu if you require assistance with this process.
SDSU actively seeks to increase social and intellectual diversity among its faculty and staff. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Any offer of employment is contingent on the university’s verification of credentials and other information required by law and/or university policies, including but not limited to, a criminal background check.
For questions on the position, contact Dr. Eric Nelson, Search Chair at (605) 688-5171 or Eric.Nelson@sdstate.edu.
To apply for this job please visit yourfuture.sdbor.edu.