2016-2262 Part Time Day Shift
Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations and along highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators’ experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to the major leagues.
The LE&S admin student position provides additional support to the Project Managers, Project Coordinators, Marketing and Sales Coordinator staff in the Live Events and Spectaculars markets whether located in Brookings or within the field. This is excellent training for future sales intern positions or for students to gain a better understanding of what Daktronics does in hopes of continuing their career here beyond graduation.
The position is located in Brookings, South Dakota. Candidates must be enrolled and registered as a full-time student. Ideal candidate will need to be able to work 15-20 hours per week during the academic year and at least 20 hours per week with the option to work up to 40 hours per week during summer.
- Assist with general clerical duties including: computer work, copying, scanning and printing.
- Input custom pricing of equipment into correct database.
- Uploading and verifying contracts.
- Assist the sales team in assembling manuals, proposals and system overviews. This may mean copying forms and physically assembling manuals/booklets.
- Telephone; skills necessary to assist in Sales including professional answering and routing calls, and taking detailed messages.
- Perform research utilizing the Internet on customers, competitor and/or marketing information.
- Word Processing or database experience; knowledge of computers, databases and being able to access specific information.
- Work effectively as a team member and help when and where needed in order to meet specific deadlines. Make suggestions for process improvement.
- Follow company guidelines and policies.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Educational requirements: The ideal candidate must be a fulltime student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, economics or related degree and in their sophomore, junior or senior year of school. Only strong performers in undergraduate coursework will be considered.
- Must maintain an acceptable GPA.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Must be able to accurately and consistently complete repetitive tasks.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and inspect own work. Self-starter who can quickly learn new tasks.
- Must be fluent in English, written and verbal.
- Good organizational skills.
- Background check may be conducted.
- Daktronics does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position.
- Unofficial transcripts or web transcripts must be submitted with application to be considered for this position.
Daktronics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetics, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or citizenship status.
To apply for this job please visit careers-daktronics.icims.com.