2016-2183 Student Temporary Day Shift – Brookings, SD
Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations and along highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators’ experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to the major leagues.
Position located in Brookings, South Dakota. Candidates must be enrolled and registered as a full-time student. Ideal candidate should be available to work approximately 15-20 hours per week during the academic year and at least 20 hours per week during the summer.
Our purchasing philosophy is to build ongoing partnerships with our suppliers and coordinate the material flow with the manufacturing groups in a lean manufacturing environment. The materials management function is the beginning of the manufacturing made to order pull manufacturing process.
- Become knowledgeable of purchasing functions procedures administration and maintenance of files. Will be responsible for a category of parts.
- Be responsible for developing second sources from single source parts list.
- Become knowledgeable of computer reports and scheduling process. Review reports to determine ordering needs timelines manage inventory levels to prevent stock outs and ensure accuracy.
- Will be required to work with outside vendors for ordering. Expediting and issuing change orders. Will learn processes for purchase orders purchase requisitions and price quotes.
- Will communicate with internal coworkers and external vendors via phone email faxes and meetings. Will write letters procedures memos and create spreadsheets.
- May choose to work with the Cooperative Education Program at their University and their Faculty Coordinator to arrange for credit while participating in this Apprenticeship and submit a written report to the Purchasing Manager to be reviewed and reserved on file.
- Become knowledgeable of company policies and procedures.
- Regularly and reliably work scheduled hours.
- Other projects and duties as needed or assigned.
- Full-time student pursuing a degree in business economics, engineering, engineering technology or related degree and in their sophomore junior or senior year of school. Only strong performers in undergraduate coursework will be considered.
- Must maintain an acceptable GPA.
- Orientation to business economics, accounting or electronics.
- Good computer skills. Ability to work extensively at the computer. Word and Excel experience required. Ability to learn Glovia ERP Software.
- Manufacturing or inventory experience at Daktronics a plus.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Background check may be conducted.
- Fluent in English, written and verbal.
- Daktronics does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position.
- Unofficial Transcripts or Web Transcripts must be submitted with application to be considered for this position.
Daktronics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or citizenship status.
To apply for this job please visit careers-daktronics.icims.com.