2016-2180 Part Time Temporary
Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations and along highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators’ experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to the major leagues.
Position located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Candidates must be enrolled and registered as a fulltime student. Ideal candidate should be available to work approximately 15-20 hours per week during the academic year and at least 20 hours per week during the summer.
This person will research configure and deploy applications and settings in a consistent state to internal customer workstations.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Automating software installation packages for consistent configurations across the network utilizing industry standard methods. This may include software for both workstations as well as servers.
- Document software deployment scripts in a consistent manner that is easily understood.
- Utilize Microsoft SCCM (System Center Configuration Manager) and other software for application deployment maintenance and updates.
- Create Microsoft SCCM reports for hardware/software as needed as well as for proactive system management.
- Work with our testing provisioning and technical support groups to test and troubleshoot software installs thru to and including production use.
- Document and report on application deployment success rates.
- Work effectively as a team member.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Full-time student pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Network Security, or similar degree in their sophomore junior or senior year of school. Only strong performers in undergraduate coursework will be considered.
- Must maintain an acceptable GPA.
- Scripting experience with VBScript Powershell and batch files preferred.
- Demonstrated high attention to detail with quality results and willingness and ability to learn technical concepts.
- Project oriented along with being able to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Self motivated individual.
- Must be fluent in English, written and verbal.
- Background check may be conducted.
- Daktronics does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position.
- Unofficial transcripts or web transcripts must be submitted with application to be considered for this position.
Daktronics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or citizenship status.
To apply for this job please visit careers-daktronics.icims.com.