2016-2276 Part Time Temporary Day Shift
Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations and along highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators’ experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to the major leagues.
Position located in Brookings, South Dakota. Candidates must be enrolled and registered as a full-time student. Ideal candidate should be available to work approximately 15-20 hours per week during the academic year and at least 20 hours per week during the summer.
Aid full time staff in:
Recommending process improvements to streamline product flow and be responsible for implementation of process improvements/lean manufacturing concepts.
Coordinating with Engineering on major product changes.
Overseeing implementation of incremental product improvements through ECO process suggestions and overall process improvement opportunities.
Assisting with construction of prototype cabinet designs to gather feedback and determine effectiveness.
Improve, maintain, and develop standard work, work instructions, and other pertinent documents to aid in manufacturability and process improvements.
Assist in the implementation of Lean Manufacturing.
Implement quality improvement initiatives and will work with both engineering and manufacturing to ensure its effectiveness.
Develop and Coordinate Training.
Work effectively as a team member, work with little supervision, help when and where needed, make suggestions for process and product improvement. Be at work on time and maintain good attendance. Be willing to work additional hours as necessary.
Other duties as needed to assist manufacturing departments.
- Full-time student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Must maintain an acceptable GPA.
- Daktronics experience preferred.
- Computer software experience to include experience with Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, with Creo and Visio preferred but not required.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are essential. Fluent in English; written and verbal.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to successfully participate as a member of a team.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Physical Requirements include the ability to:
- Lift and carry up to 45 pounds.
- Distinguish and identify wire colors.
- Ability to work with odors (solder/coating).
- Effectively exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Background check may be conducted.
- Daktronics does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position.
- Unofficial transcripts or web transcripts must be submitted with application to be considered for this position.
Daktronics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetics, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or citizenship status.
To apply for this job please visit careers-daktronics.icims.com.