2016-2239 Part Time Temporary
Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations and along highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators’ experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to the major leagues.
The Project Manager Student is involved with project at the selling, approval, manufacturing, installation and final payment. Students assist with project paperwork such as closeouts, project pricing estimates, scopes of work, pulling and shipping project parts, coordinating RMA parts. After demonstrated performance student may manage some projects on own. Students also travel to provide event support, installation, supervision, and support trips.
Position located in Brookings, South Dakota. Candidates must be enrolled and registered as a full-time student. Ideal candidate should be available to work approximately 15-20 hours per week during the academic year and at least 20 hours per week during the summer.
- Project Management assistance for projects from various Sports and Commercial markets.
- Assist with project close-out paperwork, writing scopes of work, project pricing estimates, sending project correspondence and other project paperwork as needed.
- Assistance with initiation and organization of contract documents, subcontract documents, and general project correspondence.
- Coordination of in-house project tasks including; sales to design representations, systems design, project accounting, material requisition, manufacturing/product throughput, pulling and shipping project parts, coordinating RMA parts and management feedback.
- Assistance with generating and monitoring project budgets and schedules.
- Sales support and project estimating for projects-proposal generation, quoting, and technical presentation.
- Work effectively as a team member, work with little supervision, help when and where needed, make and implement suggestions for product and process improvement, communicate effectively with sales, customers and project team members.
- Provide technical support for sporting events if opportunities arise.
- Perform other duties as assigned and needed to meet customer expectations.
- On-site project installation supervision or supervision assistance for projects.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
Educational requirements: The ideal candidate must be a full-time student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Electronics Technology, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Construction Management or related degree and in their junior or senior year of school. Only strong performers in undergraduate coursework will be considered. Must maintain an acceptable GPA.
Available to travel by both land and air. Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record. Motor Vehicle records will be checked.
Daktronics experience/knowledge preferred.
Maintain acceptable Grade Point Average.
Fluent in English, both written and verbal. Second language preferred but not required.
Unofficial Transcripts or Web Transcripts must be submitted with application to be considered for this position.
Background check may be conducted.
Daktronics does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position.
Daktronics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetics, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or citizenship status.
To apply for this job please visit careers-daktronics.icims.com.