2016-2277 Part Time Temporary Day Shift
Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations and along highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators’ experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to the major leagues.
Position located in Brookings, South Dakota. Candidates must be enrolled and registered as a full-time student. Ideal candidate should be available to work approximately 15-20 hours per week during the academic year and at least 20 hours per week during the summer.
As a Software Quality Assurance member you will be responsible for ensuring that software products meet Daktronics standards for quality and reliability. You will also be responsible for providing support to the developers, both in defect detection and scripting support. Other duties will include bug tracking, quality metrics, and documentation. This position will include both manual and automated software testing. Automated testing will include creating code to regression test software products.
Finding and reporting software deficiencies.
Create automated test scripts in VB.Net for regression testing.
Assist in manual testing of software.
Track test results and quality metrics.
Become Proficient in the use of testing tools and methodologies.
Work with users and Daktronics personnel to answer questions and resolve problems.
Work effectively as a team member, work with little supervision; help when and where needed make suggestions for process and product improvement; communicate effectively with team members, Complete quality work in a timely manner.
Perform other duties as need or assigned.
Regularly and reliably work scheduled hours.
- The ideal candidate must be a full-time student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering,
- Computer Information Systems, Electrical Engineering or related degree and in their sophomore, junior or senior year of school. Only strong performers in undergraduate coursework will be considered. Must maintain an acceptable GPA.
- Must have good problem solving and critical thinking skills and self-motivation.
- Experience or knowledge of Daktronics products is preferred.
- Ability to quickly respond to unique problems with creative ideas.
- Good oral and written communication skills, good organizational skills, self-motivation.
- Background check may be conducted.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
- Daktronics does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position.
- Unofficial transcripts or web transcripts must be submitted with application to be considered for this position.
Daktronics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetics, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or citizenship status.
To apply for this job please visit careers-daktronics.icims.com.