2016-2240 Full Time Day Shift
Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations and along highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators’ experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to the major leagues.
Daktronics Inc. designs manufactures and sells a wide range of display systems to customers in a variety of markets throughout the world. We focus our sales and marketing efforts on geographical regions markets and products. The primary categories of markets include Live Events Commercial Transportation Schools and Theatres and International. Daktronics manufacturing follows a focus factory concept paralleling these five markets. Sports market customers include: schools, colleges and universities, professional teams and facilities sports federations, and international events and organizing committees. Commercial customers include: financial institutions, hotels and motels, gaming, auto dealers, convenience stores, shopping centers, Out of Home advertisers and other retail establishments. Transportation applications include display systems for state and city departments of transportation mass transit systems airlines and airports bus terminals and other transportation agencies.
This position will work within our Sports Products Engineering group and will focus on tasks related to the electrical, mechanical and structural design portion of the project. The technician will assist with creating drawings and documentation for a variety of purposes including the initial sales proposal, communication with manufacturing, project management and installation as well as external vendors and contractors.
- Use standard processes and tools to complete designs for sales orders and contract jobs for individual products as well as integrated systems.
- Work closely with contract design teams to create/maintain/update detailed documentation explaining design intent to both internal and external customers.
- Produce documentation for site specific installations for manufacturing production lines and installation tasks. Documentation will utilize AutoCAD and Windchill/Creo.
- Must consistently complete work in a timely manner.
- Become knowledgeable of company policies and procedures.
- Personal growth and continued increase in contribution.
- Work effectively as a team member work with little supervision help where and when needed make and implement suggestions for product and process improvement communicate effectively with team members. Use good judgments in difficult situations and make good decisions.
- Incorporate lean processes in daily work activities.
- Perform other duties as required to support ongoing product development efforts.
- Regularly and reliably work the scheduled shift.
- Two-year technical degree in Mechanical Design/Drafting, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Architectural Engineering Technology or related.
- Knowledge of general drafting practices required.
- Organizational, planning and creative problem solving skills.
- Computer skills and Microsoft Office knowledge are essential.
- Knowledge of Daktronics products preferred. Daktronics engineering experience a plus.
- Detail and documentation oriented.
- Ability to travel by air and ground. Valid drivers license and good driving record. Motor vehicle records will be checked.
- Dedication and desire for quality performance.
- Daktronics does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position.
Daktronics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetics, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or citizenship status.
To apply for this job please visit careers-daktronics.icims.com.