2016-2244 Full Time Day Shift
Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations and along highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators’ experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to the major leagues. Sports market customers include schools, colleges and universities, professional teams and facilities, sports federations, and international events and organizing committees. Commercial customers include financial institutions, hotels and motels, gaming, auto dealers, convenience stores, shopping centers, Out of Home advertisers, and other retail establishments. Transportation applications include display systems for state and city departments of transportation, mass transit systems, airlines and airports, bus terminals and other transportation agencies.
This position can be located in Brookings, SD or Sioux Falls, SD
- Communicate with mechanical and electrical design engineers to ensure proper design parameters for developments are being met and consistent with corporate standards.
- Produce documentation for manufacturing production lines and installation tasks utilizing AutoCAD, Windchill and Creo.
- Product development responsibilities to include: discovery and research of components, wiring, and connectors; lean system thinking for process improvements; prototyping and testing phases of the development cycle; producing documentation that meets product needs; working with third-party testing agencies on product safety certification.
- Work with suppliers to research, identify and select components to be used in products.
- Occasional travel to perform site visits, assist with design implementation in field, troubleshoot design problems in field, and understand product installations.
- Work effectively independently and as a team member, work with little supervision, and communicate effectively with sales, project management, manufacturing, customer service, customers and team members.
- Use good judgment and make good decisions in difficult situations to complete work in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned and required to meet customer and development expectations.
- Become knowledgeable of company policies and procedures along with other company products.
- Strive for personal growth and continued increase in contribution to the team environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics Engineering Technology required, or other relevant engineering degree.
- Computer software preferred experience to include: CREO, AutoCAD, Windchill, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point), and Sharepoint.
- Ability to learn Daktronics computer systems and software.
- Must be detail oriented, have the ability to perform research and develop new products and processes. Organizational, planning, and creative problem solving skills also desired.
- Willing and able to travel via air and ground transportation. Have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record. Motor vehicle records will be checked.
- Able to work on job sites and assist with installations. This may include climbing ladders, working at various heights, carrying equipment (50 pounds or more) and working outdoors.
- Effectively exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
- Background check will be conducted.
- Daktronics does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position.
Daktronics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetics, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or citizenship status.
To apply for this job please visit careers-daktronics.icims.com.