Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations and along highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators’ experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to the major leagues.
- Proactively plan and coordinate logistics needs for Daktronics outbound and inbound international shipments.
- Review scope of project to ensure logistical needs can be met.
- Analyze logistics options to ensure we are transporting efficiently as possible while still meeting critical on site dates.
- Communicate with internal stakeholders shipping and logistics details that are impactful to the project.
- Investigate shipping and documentation errors and report back with process improvement opportunities.
- Make bookings with transportation providers for US import and US export shipments.
- Responsible for providing international freight quotations to project and sales teams.
- Responsible for international product demonstration shipments. Includes setting up carnet logistics, determining commercial invoice values, tracking shipments and all documentation associated with each shipment.
- Assist Daktronics customer service groups with requests relative to global transportation and customs procedures.
- Assist in generating and/or reviewing shipping documentation created by shipping coordinators prior to shipment.
- Assist with training shipping coordinator groups on shipping software (Shipping Solutions, UPS WorldShip, FedEx Trade Manager).
- Assist Trade Compliance team in product classification, country of origin determination, record keeping procedures, and customs valuation analysis.
- Audit freight invoices as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4-year degree or equivalent international logistics experience.
- Written and oral proficiency in English is required.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally on limited basis. Must meet and maintain Daktronics qualified driver status.
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful scenarios.
- Ability to work comfortably in ambiguous situations.
- Ability to multitask and adjust priorities as needed.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Above average Microsoft Office skills (excel).
- Ability to work flexible hours, as needed, to support shipping efforts in the international offices and to communicate with other countries due to time zone differences. May include some evenings and weekends.
- Work effectively as a team member, work with little supervision, communicate effectively with team members including sales, support, applications engineering, project managers, customer service, and manufacturing; help when and where needed; make and implement suggestions for process improvement.
- Background check will be conducted.
- Daktronics does not sponsor, extend or renew immigration visas for this position.
Daktronics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetics, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or citizenship status.
To apply for this job please visit careers-daktronics.icims.com.