2016-2248 Full Time Weekend Shift
Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations and along highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators’ experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to the major leagues.
- Metal Fabrication manufactures sheet metal assemblies and welded extruded frames.
- Setup and operate a variety of machines (for example notches shear turret punch press brake). Operate some computer/controlled machines. Basic layout. Use precision measuring instruments calipers square etc.
- Safely and responsibly use tools including air driven power manual and other tools (for example drills riveting guns).
- Follow written instructions and blueprints. Record work done. Perform basic math calculations.
- Accurately and consistently complete quality work in a timely manner. Inspect own work. Quickly learn new tasks. Accurately and consistently complete repetitive tasks.
- Work effectively as a team member work with little supervision help when and where needed make suggestions for process and product improvement communicate effectively with team members. Follow company guidelines.
- Work scheduled hours. Work overtime when necessary.
- Willing to work in any manufacturing department through flexibility.
- Perform other duties as needed to meet customer expectations.
- Wear all proper protective equipment as required in work area in accordance with Daktronics Safety Policy and OSHA standards. Items may include the following safety glasses safety shoes/boots hearing protection electrostatic discharge wear and others as determined necessary by Daktronics
- Risk and Safety Department.
- Program metal fabrication machines through automated computer equipment.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Current or previous successful metal fabrication experience preferred.
- Good communication skills. Fluent in English verbal and written
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to successfully participate as a member of a team.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Regularly and reliably work the scheduled hours. Ability to work overtime when workload requires.
- Wear all proper protective equipment as required in work area in accordance with Daktronics Safety Policy and OSHA standards. Items may include safety glasses safety shoes/boots hearing protection and electrostatic discharge wear.
- Physical requirements include the ability to:
distinguish and identify wire and paint color
read fine print with or without the use of corrective lens
work with odors (solder paint solvent manufacturing odor
lift and carry heavy (up to 50 lbs) and/or awkward item
stand or sit for the full shift and have full range of motion (including but not limited to bending and lifting) required to perform the job function
maintain steady hand-eye coordination
reach in all directions and in potentially awkward positions
- Background check will be conducted.
- Daktronics does not sponsor renew or extend immigration visas for this position.
Daktronics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetics, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or citizenship status.
To apply for this job please visit careers-daktronics.icims.com.