Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations and along highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators’ experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to the major leagues.
Position located in Brookings, South Dakota. Candidates must be enrolled and registered as a full-time student. Ideal candidate should be available to work approximately 15-20 hours per week during the academic year and at least 20 hours per week during the summer.
A software development student will have the following responsibilities:
1. Develop, debug, and maintain software applications using Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 – 2012.
3. Perform code maintenance on existing software products.
4. Work within a development team to solve problems.
5. Write unit tests for new and existing code.
6. Finding and reporting software deficiencies.
7. Create automated test scripts in C#, .Net or other languages for regression testing.
8. Assist in manual testing of software.
9. Work effectively as a team member.
10. Work with little supervision.
11. Communicate effectively with team members.
12. Help when and where needed and make suggestions for product improvement.
13. Complete quality work in a timely manner.
14. Assist in the development of software product requirements and design documentation.
15. Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
1. The ideal student must be a full-time student pursuing Bachelors degree from a four year college or university in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Computer Engineering or a related field and in their sophomore, junior or senior year of school. Only strong performers in undergraduate coursework will be considered. Must maintain an acceptable GPA.
2. Knowledge of C++ and C# programming is preferred.
3. Knowledge of the Microsoft.Net Framework and Visual Studio is preferred.
4. Possess strong verbal and written communication skills, good organizational skills, good troubleshooting/problem solving skills, and self-motivation.
5. Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
6. Effectively exercise independent judgment.
7. Must be willing and able to take on responsibility and learn new skills.
8. Students must maintain an acceptable grade point average.
9. Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
10. Background check may be conducted.
11. Daktronics does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position.
Daktronics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit careers-daktronics.icims.com.