Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations and along highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators’ experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to the major leagues.
Position located in Brookings, South Dakota. Candidates must be enrolled and registered as a fulltime student. Ideal candidate should be available to work approximately 15-20 hours per week during the academic year and at least 20 hours per week during the summer.
1. Responsibilities will include creating news content, interviewing employees, writing articles, and taking photos for our employee publications which include daily and bimonthly newsletters, internal and external networks, and newspapers.
2. Support our recruiting efforts by writing employee stories for corporate newsletters, newspapers, magazines, internal and external web networks, and distribution at job fairs and classroom presentations.
3. Write news releases and articles for new hires, employees of the quarter, retirements, events, internships and anniversaries.
4. Write biographies and news releases.
5. Take photos for human interest stories and at employee events.
6. Create the templates for other Personnel publications used to communicate benefits and other Personnel information to employees.
7. Complete special projects concerning employee or candidate communications. Perform other responsibilities and duties as needed or assigned.
1. The ideal candidate must be a fulltime student pursuing a bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, advertising, English, or similar bachelor’s degree and in their sophomore, junior, or senior year of school. Only strong performers in undergraduate coursework will be considered. Must maintain an acceptable GPA.
2. Demonstrates excellent writing and interviewing skills. Strong abilities in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and MS Office products. Ability to quickly learn new tools.
3. Friendly, positive approach to people. Must enjoy talking with and learning about people and their work.
4. Ability to work well with others in a team environment and quickly complete accurate work with minimal supervision.
5. A commitment and demonstrated ability for meeting deadlines.
6. Ability to work a reliable and dependable schedule.
7. Students must maintain an acceptable grade point average.
8. Background check may be conducted.
9. Fluent in English both written and verbal.
10. Daktronics does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position.
Daktronics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit careers-daktronics.icims.com.