2015-1807 Student Part Time Day Shift
Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations and along highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators’ experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to the major leagues.
Position located in Brookings, South Dakota. Candidates must be enrolled and registered as a full time student. Ideal candidate should be available to work approximately 15-20 hours per week during the academic year and at least 20 hours per week during the summer.
1. Research, write, and update a variety of materials for Daktronics products.
2. This job appeals to someone who:
2.1. Likes to figure out how things work.
2.2. Enjoys consistency in his or her job.
2.3. Works well with others.
2.4. Possesses solid communication skills.
2.5. Enjoys looking at the details.
1. Educational requirements: The ideal candidate must be a full time student pursuing a bachelor’s degree in English, English for information systems, Journalism, Mass Communications, or Technical Communications and in their sophomore, junior or senior year of school. Only strong performers in undergraduate coursework will be considered. Must maintain an acceptable GPA.
2. Must submit three writing samples. This may include manuals, research papers, newspaper articles, etc.
3. Demonstrates excellent writing and interviewing skills. Strong abilities in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and MS office Products. Ability to quickly learn new tools.
4. Friendly, positive approach to people. Must enjoy talking with and learning about people and their work.
5. Ability to work well with others in a team environment, and to complete work in a timely and quality manner with minimal supervision.
6. A commitment and demonstrated ability for meeting deadlines
7. Ability to work a reliable and dependable schedule.
8. Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
9. Background check may be conducted.
10. We do not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position.
11. Unofficial transcripts or web transcripts must be submitted with application to be considered for this position.
Daktronics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit careers-daktronics.icims.com.