South Dakota State University is an NCAA Division I institution which competes in The Summit League for all sports with the exception of football, which competes in the Missouri Valley Football Conference, wrestling, which competes in the Big XII Conference and women’s equestrian, which competes in the National Collegiate Equestrian Association.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Director of Athletic Marketing will be responsible for coordinating all marketing and promotional activities surrounding intercollegiate athletics and selected other athletic sponsored events. Duties include, but are not limited to, creating and implementing an annual promotions plan for a program with 21 intercollegiate sports; implementing all social media promotional plans; creating and implementing marketing plans to increase student attendance; serving as liaison with the Rabbit Den which is the official student, athletic group; coordinating all pre-game, half-time, and post-game promotional activities; assisting in development and execution of departmental marketing plan; supervising marketing and promotions game-day staff; serving as liaison with Daktronics production staff, cheer squad, and dance line; coordinating Junior Jacks, the official kid’s club of SDSU athletics; as well as coordinating departmental special events.
• Earned Bachelor’s degree by date of application. Preference in area of Marketing, Promotions, Public Relations, Advertising, or other related fields.
• Minimum of one year of related experience in event planning and implementation, promotional activities, marketing, public relations, or other related activities.
• Ability to provide skills to deal with varied population for marketing and sales with knowledge of marketing and promotions practices.
• Self-directed and motivated.
• Effective communication (oral, written, and interpersonal) skills.
• Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
• Demonstrated strong computer application skills.
• Earned Master’s degree. Preference in area of Marketing, Promotions, Public Relations, Advertising, or other related fields.
• Knowledge and understanding of athletic sports programs.
• Marketing and promotions experience at the intercollegiate level.
• Creation and implementation of promotional plan for intercollegiate athletics.
• Social media experience.
• Graphic design experience.
• Coordinator of marketing activities with an emphasis on student promotions.
• Experience in working with a third party multi-media rights holder such as Learfield, IMG, etc.
• Knowledge of youth fan programs and coordination of special events.
• Experience supervising and providing direction to others.
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Position is open until filled with full consideration given to applications received by June 7, 2016.
APPLICATION PROCESS: SDSU accepts applications through an on-line employment site. To apply, visit: https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu, search by the position title, view the job announcement, and click on “apply for this posting.” The system will guide you through the electronic application form. The employment site will also require the attachment of a cover letter, which should specifically address how the candidate meets the qualifications as outlined in the advertisement; resume; and a reference page with the contact information for three professional references. E-mail applications will not be accepted. Please contact SDSU Human Resources at (605) 688-4128 if you require assistance with this process.
SDSU is especially interested in candidates that can contribute to and/or coordinate course offerings that address the experiences of underrepresented minorities in organizations.
Any offer of employment is contingent on the university’s verification of credentials and other information required by law and/or university policies, including but not limited to, a criminal background check.
For questions on the position, contact Sara Schneider, Search Chair, at (605) 697-7475 or by email at Sara.Schneider@sdstate.edu.
To apply for this job please visit yourfuture.sdbor.edu.