Website Fishback Financial Corporation
OVERALL FUNCTION: This person is responsible for providing a safe and nurturing environment for children, under the guidance of the Lead Teacher. Assist in the implementation of developmentally appropriate curriculum, in support of the program’s philosophy on early childhood education.
QUALIFICATIONS: This person should have an associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education or related field or be certified as a Child Development Associate and one year of relevant work experience or the equivalent. Strong communication and time management skills required. Must not have on record a substantiated report of child abuse or neglect.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This person must be able to lift up to 60 pounds, sit on the floor or low child-sized chairs, walk and run short distances, walk long distances (several city blocks), remain outside in all types of weather conditions (hot, humid, cold, breezy) for short and long periods of time, stand for extended time frames and bend frequently. Must be agile enough to move quickly in response to children’s needs.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES ARE TO:
1. Supervise and interact with children in all areas of the Center, outdoors and on field trips away from the Center, while maintaining a safe and inviting environment. Respecting children’s dignity and individual differences.
2. Assist in implementing a developmentally appropriate curriculum that reflects observations and assessments of the individual children, ensuring a variety of materials and activities.
3. Support the monitoring and evaluation of children’s development by using screening instruments and observational records.
4. Create and maintain an open and professional relationship with all families and Center staff, including facilitating discussions, at the direction of the Lead Teacher, surrounding daily activity, changes and/or concerns, involving the children.
5. Be knowledgeable of program’s health and safety regulations and emergency procedures. Ensure readiness to respond appropriately, if necessary.
6. Attend all staff meetings and complete recommended training programs. Provide the Director with documentation, in accordance with state requirements.
7. Act in accordance with FFC policies and procedures as set forth in the employee handbook, as well as the Kid’s World Handbook.
8. Adhere to compliance procedures and participate in required compliance and other training as requested.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com