Website Children's Museum of South Dakota
Food Service Employee
Status: Part-time (weekend availability required). Position opened until filled. EOE
Reports to: Café Coteau Manager
Mission: The Children’s Museum of South Dakota sparks imagination and learning for all children and their grown-ups through play, creativity and discovery.
Vision: CMSD seeks to transform the world by inspiring generations to love learning and to believe that life is full of possibilities.
Job Summary: In alignment with the Museum’s mission, vision, and values, Café Coteau food service employees assist in all aspects of the daily operations including food preparation and clean-up, cooking, and customer service. The ideal candidate is passionate about food and customer service and enjoys working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Prepare and serve a variety of foods according to customers’ orders or supervisors’ instructions, following approved procedures.
- Clean and sanitize dining and work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware according to health and safety standards.
- Receive and store food supplies, equipment, and utensils in refrigerators, cupboards, and other storage areas.
- Create a positive guest experience by delivering a high level of customer service
- Assist customers using the point of sale computer system to ensure cash management is done efficiently and accurately
- Inform supervisors when equipment is not working properly and when food and supplies are getting low
- Assist in any area of the café when staffing constraints require
- Must be 18 years of age
- Previous experience in restaurant or hospitality service preferred
- Exhibits effective communication skills
- Able to take direction effectively in a fast paced environment
- Able to use touch-sensitive POS system
- Interacts easily and happily with children, their grown-ups and staff
- Able to perform physical activities that require your whole body, such as lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter, resume, three professional references and availability to:
Children’s Museum of South Dakota / Café Coteau
Attn: Pouran Borchardt
521 4th Street Brookings, SD 57006
To apply for this job email your details to Pborchardt@prairieplay.org