South Dakota State University is an NCAA Division I institution which competes in The Summit League for women’s and men’s tennis. This full-time, 12 month position will serve as Head Coach for the women’s and men’s tennis program.
RESPONSIBILITIES: This position is responsible for the overall operation and management of the intercollegiate women’s and men’s tennis program to include coaching, recruiting, administrative and public relations while maintaining a competitive Division I program.
• Earned Bachelor’s degree by date of application.
• At least one year of experience in collegiate tennis coaching, successful intercollegiate competition at a high level, graduate assistant and/or club coaching experience.
• Self-directed and motivated.
• Proven career path.
• Commitment to promote an atmosphere of compliance and adherence to institutional and NCAA rules and regulations.
• Effective communication (oral, written, and interpersonal) skills.
• Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
• Earned Master’s degree.
• Head coach experience.
• Collegiate coaching and at Division I level.
• Demonstrated ability to recruit student-athletes.
• Experience with monitoring academic performance of student-athletes.
SALARY: Contingent upon education and experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled with full consideration given to application materials submitted by June 10, 2016.
APPLICATION PROCESS: SDSU accepts applications through an on-line employment site. To apply, visit: https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu, search by the position title, view the job announcement, and click on “apply for this posting.” The system will guide you through the electronic application form. The employment site will also require the attachment of a cover letter, which should specifically address how the candidate meets the qualifications as outlined in the advertisement; resume; and a reference page with the contact information for three professional references. E-mail applications will not be accepted. Please contact SDSU Human Resources at (605) 688-4128 if you require assistance with this process.
SDSU is especially interested in candidates that can contribute to and/or coordinate course offerings that address the experiences of underrepresented minorities in organizations.
Any offer of employment is contingent on the university’s verification of credentials and other information required by law and/or university policies, including but not limited to, a criminal background check.
For questions on the position contact Christi Williams, Search Chair, at (605) 688-6510 or by email at Christi.Williams@sdstate.edu.
To apply for this job please visit yourfuture.sdbor.edu.