The SDSU Image Processing Laboratory is a world leader in the radiometric, spatial, and geometric characterization and calibration of satellite and airborne imaging systems. The laboratory specializes in moderate and high resolution multispectral sensors such as Landsat and Worldview, and is funded through USGS EROS and NASA. SDSU is especially interested in candidates that can contribute to and/or coordinate course offerings that address the experiences of underrepresented minorities in organizations.
Participate and assist in directing research teams for imaging research grants in the SDSU Image Processing Laboratory focused on the radiometric, geometric, and spatial characterization and calibration of satellite and airborne sensor systems. Duties include providing technical input to team leaders and general daily lab support to graduate and undergraduate students involved in imaging research, design, and development. Assist in the development and monitoring of project budgets which includes tasks in generating grant applications. Formal presentations, generating journal articles and contributing to formal written reports will be required.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Physics or a field closely related to remote sensing characterization and calibration using on-orbit techniques completed prior to beginning employment.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in radiometric sensor calibration.
- Good computer literacy and background.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment.
- Effective written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of image and signal processing, atmospheric radiative transfer, application of probability and statistics.
- Knowledge of space systems and orbital mechanics and/or ability to evaluate performance of electronic based image acquisition systems.
- Working knowledge of MatLab, IDL, Python, MODTRAN and/or 6S.
- Position is open until filled, with full consideration given to applications received by May 3, 2016.
SDSU accepts applications through an on-line employment site. To apply, visit: https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu, search by the position title, view the job announcement, and click on “apply for this posting.” The system will guide you through the electronic application form. The employment site will also require the attachment of a cover letter, which should specifically address how the candidate meets the qualifications as outlined in the advertisement; resume; and a reference page with the contact information for three professional references. Email applications will not be accepted. Please contact SDSU Human Resources at (605) 688-4128 or HR@sdstate.edu if you require assistance with this process.
SDSU actively seeks to increase social and intellectual diversity among its faculty and staff. Women, veterans, minorities, and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
Any offer of employment is contingent on the university’s verification of credentials and other information required by law and/or university policies, including but not limited to, a criminal background check.
For questions on the position, contact David Aaron at (605) 688-6520 or David.Aaron@sdstate.edu.
To apply for this job please visit yourfuture.sdbor.edu.