Website Novita Nutrition
This position is located at the Novita Aurora plant facility located between Brookings and Aurora, South Dakota.
Reports To: VP of Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
Lead Maintenance Team and integrate with Production Team to prevent, predict, and analyze equipment failures while leading efforts to repair and generally maintain plant equipment to meet and exceed safety, environmental, production and cost goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
New Facility Engineering and Construction Period
- Lead interview and hiring process for Maintenance positions according to schedule. Develop training schedule and necessary vendor support.
- Prepare for plant startup by performing or directing activities according to Pre-Startup Division of Responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- • Acquiring and organizing spare parts inventory,
- • Develop initial predictive and preventive maintenance schedule,
- • Recommend and Implement Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS),
- • Procure tools, storage and equipment for maintenance activities and spare parts inventory, within the project budget
- • Recommend maintenance contract support vendors, arrange necessary contract documents.
- • Support plant engineering on design questions / issues during facility construction.
- • Perform all job duties and challenge others to perform in a safe manner, comply with all regulatory requirements and continually challenge performance to get to the next level for long term profitability of the business;
- • Lead the maintenance team to establish and improve safe work practices;
- • Contribute suggestions to improve safe work practices company-wide;
- • Lead Maintenance Team to meet or exceed plant goals / targets;
- • Improve maintenance practices to optimize product quality, quantity and control costs;
- • Recommend projects which improve financial returns;
- • Support troubleshooting efforts for production issues;
- • Meet Operating Budget by managing expenses;
- • Participate in annual capital and operating budget planning and development;
- • Support training and tooling for Production Team to perform requirements of maintenance program in its scope of duties;
- • Manage overall maintenance work flow for troubleshooting and repairs, utilizing CMMS system;
- • Negotiate with vendors for best supply and cost arrangements for replacement parts and equipment;
- • Lead plant shutdown planning processes and work execution assignments;
- • Participate in off-hours on-call program thru scheduled rotational assignments.
Education & Professional Experience
The minimum requirements for education and experience are listed below. Consideration will be given to individuals with an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Education: Advanced training in electrical and mechanical trades is preferred with 7 to 15 years related experience with previous supervisory role, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in hexane extraction process plant preferred.
Communications: Strong written and verbal presentation capabilities, with the ability to make presentations to Board of Directors, Senior Management, investors, lenders, producers, customers and other groups including plant tours.
Organizational Skills: Skill and experience to establish and maintain inventory tracking systems that are acceptable to management and regulatory agencies.
Computer Skills: Expertise and proficiency with spreadsheet software and basic knowledge of word processing software plus experience both researching issues and accessing information on the Internet. Ability to learn industry specific Maintenance Management software is an asset.
Certificates and Licenses: None.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Carries out supervisory responsibilities within the maintenance area as assigned in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Participate with interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Work Environment / Physical Requirements
This position operates in a process plant environment with strict safety, regulatory and conduct standards. The individual may be exposed to noise, heat and other elements in outdoor and indoor environments. While performing duties of this position, the individual may be exposed to moving, mechanical parts, dusty conditions, high noise levels and chemicals. Specific physical requirements include:
• Occasionally working in confined spaces,
• Wearing proper respiratory protection,
• Occasionally lifting weight up to 50#,
• Climbing several flights of stairs and ladders,
• Bending, twisting and turning while lifting weights up to 50#,
• Sitting at a desk for extended periods of time,
• Working at heights and temperatures from -20 to 100+ degrees,
• Standing for extended periods of time,
• Working on elevated platforms and surfaces.
Qualified Candidates Please Send Resume with Cover Letter:
Novita Nutrition, LLC
2301 Research Park Way, Suite 226
Brookings, SD 57006
Phone: (605) 610-1026
To apply for this job email your details to Careers@NovitaNutrition.com