Website Midwest Meetings
Quarterly magazine devoted to meetings/events in the Midwest.
Seeking a motivated, outgoing, positive, and goal oriented person to join our sales team. We are a growing company looking for someone willing to learn all the aspects of our business. Candidate needs a “can do attitude” and an ability to learn. Honesty, integrity, and the ability to represent the business in a professional manner are essential. Although sales experience is ideal, we are searching for talent, motivation, and values first and foremost.
This full-time, in-house position is responsible for selling to established accounts as well as identifying opportunities, building new business relationships, and generating revenue for the business portfolio of print and digital products with a focus on advertising sales for an annual and quarterly print publication. This position will be primarily placing outbound sales calls, including cold calls to meet the client’s needs using a soft-sell technique.
- Generate sales revenue through outbound sales calls.
- Utilize Cold Calls to initiate relationships with clients
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients and potential clients, demonstrating an understanding of each accounts’ needs and revenue potential
- Understand company services and effectively communicate all offerings to clients
- Provide the Director of Sales, Publisher, and Associate Publisher regular input on all account activity
- Detailed database input/maintenance: record creation, queries, and data entry
- Organize, file, and retrieve documents both in print and electronically
- Assist with various marketing campaigns
- Occasional travel
- Other duties as assigned
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, persistent, and a skilled negotiator
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn and apply proven sales principles
- Basic to moderate computer skills
- Professional, pleasant, and effective phone manner
- Strong attention to detail and accurate record keeping
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Professional and clean appearance
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to sit and use a computer keyboard, mouse, and phone/phone headset for several hours at a time
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle and possession of a valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel by car and airplane for several hours at a time
Previous phone sales experience
Previous experience with databases/spreadsheets, internet browsers, email clients, and word processing
Submit your Cover Letter, Resume, and three Professional References to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.midwestmeetings.com.