The Plant Engineering Mechanic Technician will be responsible for maintenance of production converting, assembly and packaging equipment; troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, installation and start-up of new equipment. The position will require working with engineering and production personnel during the troubleshooting, modification, fabrication, welding, and repair of plant equipment, utilities and processes.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Troubleshoot/Repair mechanical equipment and components to include bearings, bushings, gear boxes, transmissions, motors, conveyor belts, pump seals, brakes, clutches, and drives
- Troubleshoot/Repair pneumatic and hydraulic equipment
- Perform basic machining using precision measuring equipment
- Troubleshoot/Repair web handling systems and web steering systems
- Maintain and repair vacuum, hydraulic, chemical feed, centrifugal, gear, vane, auger, screw, and pneumatic diaphragm pumps
- Repair and replace piping, tubing and associated fittings
- Perform millwright tasks to include maintenance of lifting and hoist equipment and leveling/tramming of rollers
- Perform welding and fabrication tasks
- Perform preventive maintenance on production, material handling, safety devices and plant utility equipment
This position will require working:
- Weekend work
- Holidays as needed
- Rotating shifts
This position may require working:
- Short notice shift coverage
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Possess or in the last 12 months of pursing a two year technical degree in a maintenance field OR a minimum of 5 years of maintenance experience in Electro-Mechanics, Automation, Machinist, Automotive, Diesel Mechanic or Robotics
- Possess an Associate’s degree in a Technical discipline such as, Electro-Mechanics, Automation, Machinist, Automotive, Diesel Mechanic or Robotics
- Experience working with electrical equipment
- Industrial maintenance experience
- Experience troubleshooting and problem solving in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to work independently or with teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate, maintain, and repair tools and equipment
Relocation: Is not authorized
Location: Brookings, SD
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M elected testing as a part of the selection process.
You are applying for a Plant Engineering Mechanic Technician position at 3M Brookings. Qualified applications will be considered when Plant Engineering Mechanic Technician openings occur at 3M Brookings for up to one year of the posting of this requisition.
To apply for this job please visit career8.successfactors.com.