The Plant Engineering Systems Technician will be responsible for maintenance of production converting, assembly and packaging equipment; troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, installation and start-up of new equipment. The position will require working with engineering and production personnel during the troubleshooting, modification and repair of plant equipment, utilities and processes.
Primary Responsibilities the Systems Technician position will be responsible for but not limited to the following specific duties:
- Perform routine preventive and corrective maintenance on equipment such as, but not limited to: AC/DC drives and motors, programmable logic controllers, process controllers, stepper & servo motors and controllers, fire protection equipment, hydraulic and pneumatic devices, and plant support equipment.
- Comply with all plant/department safety rules/policies while on 3M property and in the performance of this job
- Read and interpret blueprints, electrical schematics, sketches, vendor drawings and manuals in the performance of this job
- Provide updates to documentation when required
- Ability to transcribe ideas to print or sketch
- Perform maintenance and related functions using the computerized Maintenance Management System, SAMS
- Work with engineering and production personnel during the troubleshooting, modification, fabrication and repair of plant equipment, utilities and processes
- Provide technical recommendations regarding improvement and optimization of plant equipment, utilities and processes
- Fabrication of parts or control systems as necessary
This position will require:
- Working overtime
- Weekend work
- Working on holidays as needed
- Working rotating shifts
- Obtaining and maintaining an Apprentice Electrical License (at employee’s expense)
This position may require working:
- Short notice shift coverage
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Possess or in the last 12 months of pursuing a two (2) year technical degree in a maintenance field OR a minimum five (5) years of experience in Electro-Mechanics, Mechatronics Technology, Automation Controls/SCADA or Robotics
- Possess an Associate’s degree in a Technical discipline such as, Electro-Mechanics, Mechatronics Technology, Automation Controls/SCADA or Robotics
- Experience working with electrical equipment
- Industrial maintenance experience
- Experience troubleshooting and problem solving in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to work independently or with teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate, maintain, and repair tools and equipment
Relocation: Is not authorized
Location: Brookings, SD
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M elected testing as a part of the selection process.
You are applying for a Plant Engineering Systems Technician position at 3M Brookings. Qualified applications will be considered when Plant Engineering Systems Technician openings occur at 3M Brookings for up to one year of the posting of this requisition.
To apply for this job please visit career8.successfactors.com.