Website Novita Nutrition
Reports To: Shift Supervisor
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Pay Range: $19-$24/hr, DOE DOQ
Responsible for the safe operation of all plant processing equipment including boilers, solvent extraction and pelleting operations. Operators are required to maintain knowledge of the process flow, computerized equipment and be aware of hazards associated with the process. The team member in this position is responsible for understanding and executing standard operating procedures and is expected to ensure proper response during normal and abnormal operating situations. Additionally, operators are responsible for communicating process events to both supervisors and on-coming shift team members. Novita Nutrition operates on a 24-hour continuous schedule. Team member will work rotating 12 hour shifts and must be able to meet call-in requirements as needed. This position is located at the Novita Aurora plant facility located 2 miles east of Brookings, South Dakota.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- • Ability to learn and operate the Distributed Control System (DCS) and other processes associated with the plant operations,
- • Understand and follow plant operating procedures for start-up, shut-down, temporary and emergency operations,
- • Utilize process data, trend analysis and training to monitor, troubleshoot and respond to process conditions to optimize plant operation,
- • Collect and test samples on all designated product streams and take action based on results when required,
- • Assure timely and accurate daily documentation of all process information is completed and sample results are documented,
- • May load and unload bulk chemical trucks while maintaining a high level of safety and customer service,
- • Attend and participate in shift exchange meetings at beginning and end of shift with oncoming/outgoing team members of the previous shift events and current process status,
- • Maintain a clean facility and follow the sanitation schedule completing all tasks as assigned,
- • Provide knowledge sharing and training with other team members,
- • Perform lockout tag out for permitted work including confined space entries and equipment maintenance and cleaning,
- • Operate machinery which will include, but is not limited to a front end loader, skid steer, forklift and man lift,
- • Complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments,
- • Provide a high level of customer service and maintain a professional presence at all times.
Environmental, Health & Safety
- • Participate in all health, safety and environmental programs; maintain self-awareness on safety issues and requirements and report any safety concerns immediately to the EH&S department,
- • Responsible for notifying management team of environmental, quality and production concerns, problems and opportunities,
- • Perform all tasks associated with Feed Safety/Quality, assigned or as needed, to meet internal and external requirements relating to the production of safe, quality feed products.
- • Assist the maintenance department with routine tasks such as completing equipment lubrication PMs, assembling and disassembling equipment,
- • Learn and utilize CMMS (Centralized Maintenance Management System) to create work requests,
- • Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment inconsistencies and failures.
Education and Pertinent/Proven Experience
The minimum requirements for education and experience are listed below. Consideration will be given to individuals with an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required, with an Associate’s degree or higher education preferred. Experience working in a production plant environment required, with previous experience working in a solvent extraction plant preferred.
Communications: Strong written and verbal skills are important along with the ability to work well in a team.
Organizational Skills: Skill and experience to establish and maintain inventory tracking systems that are acceptable to management and regulatory agencies. Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills are required.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient with spreadsheet software and have a basic knowledge of word processing software and email.
Certificates and Licenses: None.
Work Environment / Physical Requirements
This position operates in a process plant environment with strict safety, regulatory and conduct standards. The individual may be exposed to noise, heat and other elements in outdoor and indoor environments. While performing duties of this position, the individual may be exposed to moving, mechanical parts, dusty conditions, high noise levels and chemicals. Specific physical requirements include:
• Occasionally working in confined spaces,
• Wearing proper respiratory protection,
• Occasionally lifting weight up to 50#,
• Climbing several flights of stairs and ladders,
• Bending, twisting and turning while lifting weights up to 50#,
• Sitting at a desk for extended periods of time,
• Working at heights and temperatures from -20 to 100+ degrees,
• Standing for extended periods of time,
• Working on elevated platforms and surfaces.
Qualified candidates please fill out the job application and return to us.
Also view the upcoming walk-in interview dates at the bottom of the page. If you would like to schedule an exact time in advance, we would be happy to arrange that. Feel free to contact us with any questions.
Email or Phone: (605) 610-1026
Drop by the SD Dept. of Labor office in Brookings during any of the following times to fill out a job application, visit with Novita Nutrition staff and interview for the available positions at the Novita Aurora facility.
Wednesday, July 27th from 8am-5pm
Thursday, July 28th from 1pm-6pm
Tuesday, August 2nd from 12-6pm
Wednesday, August 3rd from 8am-5pm
South Dakota Dept. of Labor and Regulation
1310 Main Avenue South
Brookings, SD 57006
To apply for this job please visit www.novitanutrition.com.