Job Description: Wooden Legs Brewing Company is looking for an amazing hospitality professional to join our team. If you love craft beer, this is the job for you. Our pubkeeps are primarily responsible for ensuring our guests have an unmatched experience at the pub by being able to advocate and educate our patrons about craft beer as well as properly serve pints. WLBC pubkeep takes and prepares drink orders for customers. In addition to customer service, they must also act as bar backs. Specific job duties include keeping a clean work station, interfacing with customers, serving drinks, and ringing up sales. Most pubkeeps work on foot and stand for hours at a time. This job require basic mathematic skills and the ability to effectively communicate with customers in a friendly manner. WLBC also looks for energetic and motivated workers during the hiring process. Pubkeeps need to complete certification courses prior to employment; however, to WLBC will offer on-site training for pubkeeps during a trial period. Pubkeeps must be 21.
Hours: An average work day for a WLBC pubkeep consists of a single shift. Some pubkeeps may work part-time or full-time.
Starting Wage: Pay starts around $8.00 per hour for new-hire pubkeeps and ranges up to $10.00 per hour for highly experienced employees. Pubkeeps typically earn cash tips, as well.
- Must be 21 years of age
- Knowledge of beer, the beer making process and/or food
- Good attitude
- Must have customer service experience and and process Service Orientation aptitude– Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Must be a team player
- Flexible schedule including nights and weekends
- Be able to stand on feet for entirety of shift
- Be able to pass beer training class in appropriate time given.
- Able to pass drug test
- Unique and wonderful personality, abundant energy and zest for life.
Contact Person: Seth Koch, Owner
Wooden Legs Brewing Company (WLBC) was founded in 2010 with the dream to accomplish two primary goals: to introduce the community, region, and all visitors to the enjoyment of drinking beer for the taste; and to create an environment that leaves visitors more inclined to seek out and share ideas with long-time friends, new acquaintances, and everyone in between.
To apply for this job please visit woodenlegsbrewing.com.