South Dakota State University is an NCAA Division I institution which competes in The Summit League for all sports with the exception of football, which competes in the Missouri Valley Football Conference, wrestling, which competes in the Big XII Conference, and women’s equestrian which competes in the National Collegiate Equestrian Association.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Senior Associate Athletic Director for Administration is a member of the athletic department executive team who oversees various day to day operations of the athletic department (i.e. business office, sports medicine, strength and conditioning, athletic teams, strategic planning, special projects), and is the primary liaison for many campus and community organizations for athletics. This position will also represent athletics on various university, conference, community, and NCAA committees.
• Earned Bachelor’s degree by date of application. (Preference in Sports Management, Physical Education, Business)
• Minimum five years related experience in sports management, intercollegiate athletics, professional sports or sports marketing.
• Demonstrated supervisory experience and providing direction to others.
• Commitment to athletics programs.
• Self-directed and motivated.
• Demonstrated strong computer application skills.
• Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
• Effective communication (oral, written, and interpersonal) skills.
• Proven career path.
• Earned Master’s degree.
• Understand and comply with all rules, regulations, bylaws, and interpretations of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
• Commitment to promote an atmosphere of compliance and adherence to institutional and conference rules and regulations.
• Division I intercollegiate athletics administrative experience.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze, negotiate, and prepare contracts.
• Demonstrated experience in sport supervision.
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Position is open until filled with full consideration given to applications received by June 16, 2016.
APPLICATION PROCESS: SDSU accepts applications through an on-line employment site. To apply, visit: https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu, search by the position title, view the job announcement, and click on “apply for this posting.” The system will guide you through the electronic application form. The employment site will also require the attachment of a cover letter, which should specifically address how the candidate meets the qualifications as outlined in the advertisement; resume; and a reference page with the contact information for three professional references. E-mail applications will not be accepted. Please contact SDSU Human Resources at (605) 688-4128 if you require assistance with this process.
SDSU is especially interested in candidates that can contribute to and/or coordinate course offerings that address the experiences of underrepresented minorities in organizations. Women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Any offer of employment is contingent on the university’s verification of credentials and other information required by law and/or university policies, including but not limited to, a criminal background check.
For questions on the position, contact Kathy Heylens, Search Chair at (605) 688-5308 or by email at Kathy.Heylens@sdstate.edu.
To apply for this job please visit yourfuture.sdbor.edu.