Website SGS North America
• Responsible for review of Food Labels for US FDA and USDA compliance which may also include nutrient and other marketing claims.
• Reports to the Brookings Laboratory Director
• Review label against specific and general US FDA/USDA regulations and guidelines/policies and provide written results to clients and/or upload into client database as required.
• Communicate with clients to answer their technical questions regarding Label Review and regulations
• Continually keep apprised of updated food labeling regulations through internal/external training and participate annually in the SGS Claims & Complaints review.
• Assist in other areas of the company as needed
• Ensure quality and confidentiality of client and company information and take an active role in updating Quality System.
• Maintain SOPs or protocols for procedures.
• Promote responsibility, good work habits, a positive work environment and improve customer service.
• At all times, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct.
• B.S. degree with a concentration in Food Science, Chemistry, Microbiology, or other relevant science area.
• 2-3 years relevant experience desired.
• Knowledgeable in data reporting, technical requirements and food regulations desired.
• Must complete SGS approved training program for Label Review.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral forms.
• Ability to work independently, often under time-sensitive situations.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and work within a team environment.
• Excellent organization skills which includes the ability to execute several assignments simultaneously.
HEALTH AND SAFETY GUIDELINES
• Demonstrate strong commitment to SGS HSE Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions by participating in safety meetings, completing required training, intervening in unsafe situations, refusing unsafe work, and complying fully with all applicable laws and regulations related to HSE.
• Respond appropriately to emergency situations and assists other staff members in maintaining readiness to respond to emergencies within the workplace.
• In accordance with the SGS HSE Management System requirements, dispose of, or direct the disposal of waste generated as part of daily work performed in a safe manner and in compliance with all waste transportation and disposal regulations and requirements.
• Report all incidents (actual incidents and near misses) in accordance with the SGS Incident Reporting requirements.
• Use all equipment (including safety equipment) in the manner intended and report any damaged/lost equipment to supervisor.
• Maintain a safe and tidy worksite.
• Maintain awareness of hazards and propose controls to supervisor, HSE Representatives or relevant client/site contact.
• Actively participates in incident investigations and risk assessments as deemed necessary by SGS management.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.sgs.com.