Website SGS North America
This position is responsible for acting as primary customer contact, along with providing administrative support to the management team.
Reports to the Brookings Business Manager
• Serve as primary contact for customers and vendors by answering the phone, greeting visitors, and routing emails, questions and comments to the appropriate staff.
• Provide administrative support to the management team, including coordinating projects, preparing documents and organizing materials for internal and external use.
• Control and monitor access to building for visitors, clients and vendors.
• Maintain lobby and conference rooms to present a positive image of the company.
• Coordinate meetings, events, workshops, and trainings; includes coordinating registrations, preparing and distributing agendas and materials, sending notices and providing assistance with travel arrangements, as needed.
• Ensure supplies and equipment are prepared prior to start of meetings.
• Process incoming and outgoing mail.
• Liaison with corporate office, including sending weekly expense reports, and assisting with projects as needed.
• Assist in purchasing regular office and laboratory supplies.
• Coordinate resources or assist with coordination of resources for special projects as required including, but not limited to newsletters, mailings, packets, training binders and marketing materials.
• Ensure quality and confidentiality of client and company information and take an active role in updating Quality System, including updating and maintaining quality documents.
• Promote responsibility, good work habits, a positive work environment and provide excellent customer service.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Associates degree preferred or at least 2 years experience in a related field.
• Agricultural background desired, but not required.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft office software, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Must enjoy working with people, both internal and external clients.
• Must have excellent communication skills and an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients and employees.
• Must be detail-oriented, well organized and able to work independently.
• Must be able to attend work regularly and predictably.
• Must have the ability to handle a variety of projects effectively, efficiently and with confidentiality.
• Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
• Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods.
HEALTH AND SAFETY GUIDELINES
• Demonstrate strong commitment to SGS HSE Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions by participating in safety meetings, completing required training, intervening in unsafe situations, refusing unsafe work, and complying fully with all applicable laws and regulations related to HSE.
• Respond appropriately to emergency situations and assists other staff members in maintaining readiness to respond to emergencies within the workplace.
• In accordance with the SGS HSE Management System requirements, dispose of, or direct the disposal of waste generated as part of daily work performed in a safe manner and in compliance with all waste transportation and disposal regulations and requirements.
• Report all incidents (actual incidents and near misses) in accordance with the SGS Incident Reporting requirements.
• Use all equipment (including safety equipment) in the manner intended and report any damaged/lost equipment to supervisor.
• Maintain a safe and tidy worksite.
• Maintain awareness of hazards and propose controls to supervisor, HSE Representatives or relevant client/site contact.
• Actively participate in incident investigations and risk assessments as deemed necessary by SGS management. At all times, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.sgs.com.