Website SoDak Labs Inc.
This position will coordinate planting of a large volume of seed germination tests daily, including the training, scheduling and supervision of up to 30 seasonal and part-time employees. Organizing staff and equipment, preparing and staging media and coordinating with Receiving/Test Distribution/Evaluation Departments is a daily requirement. Continually improve processes through implementation of Lean Manufacturing concepts.
Specific Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate with Receiving and Test Distribution Departments to plan daily, weekly and monthly testing plan. Includes being aware of incoming tests daily, staging media and consumables and staffing needs to plant all incoming tests daily
- Train, schedule and supervise seasonal and part-time employees in executing tests in accordance with Established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Troubleshoot and monitor for irregularities in test results, media, temperatures, equipment and facilities
- Review SOPs, AOSA, ISTA and Canadian Rules and Vigor references periodically
- Expand knowledge and professionalism in seed technology by participating in in-house continuing education, enrolling in relevant coursework, attending workshops, participating in professional seed technology committees and associations
- Insure quality and confidentiality of client and company information
- Review and update quality manual procedures and records for standard testing
- Assist in other areas of the company as needed
- Promote responsibility, good work habits, a positive work environment and improve customer service
- Degree in Agriculture or Biological Sciences preferred. Supervisory experience required
- Experience in seed testing, laboratory work, and/or agricultural experience preferred
- Must be very well organized, able to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods
- Must have excellent communications skills. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Must be able to regularly lift 15-20 pounds and able to manage numbers mentally
- Must be a self-starter and able to work in a fast paced work environment
- Must be able to display a strong sense of urgency and good judgment
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
To apply send resume to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org