McCrory Gardens is looking for a creative and innovative professional to join us as a Special Events Coordinator. This is a 12 month, full-time position. This position is supervised by the Operations Manager at McCrory Gardens. SDSU is especially interested in candidates that can contribute to the experiences of underrepresented minorities in organizations. Women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
Work with the general public, university, and McCrory Gardens personnel to correctly schedule events in the Gardens and Education and Visitor Center; Communicate facility policies, contract details, and event details with clients; Perform event set up and tear down, and work event hours to ensure a smooth event; Effectively use technology and social media for event marketing purposes.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Events and Facility Management, Hospitality, or a closely related field completed by first day of employment;
• 1 – 3 years of event planning experience (student experience allowed);
• Ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Demonstrated organizational and time management skills;
• Strong interpersonal skills;
• Ability to work as a contributing team member;
• Demonstrated experience in social media marketing;
• Demonstrated ability to plan, develop, implement, and evaluate event details.
• Valid driver’s license or ability to obtain one within 30 days of hire, and willingness to travel.
• Ability to work various schedules (i.e. Tuesday – Saturday).
• Previous experience with EMS scheduling software.
• Previous experience with Visio software.
• Demonstrated leadership in developing or leading student interns.
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications.
Position is open until filled with full consideration given to applications received by July 8, 2016.
SDSU accepts applications through an on-line employment site. To apply, visit: https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu, search by the position title, view the job announcement, and click on “apply for this posting.” The system will guide you through the electronic application form. The employment site will also require the attachment of a cover letter, which should specifically address how the candidate meets the qualifications as outlined in the advertisement; resume; and a reference page with the contact information for three professional references. Email applications will not be accepted. Please contact SDSU Human Resources at (605) 688-4128 if you require assistance with this process.
Any offer of employment is contingent on the university’s verification of credentials and other information required by law and/or university policies, including but not limited to, a criminal background check.
For questions on the position, contact Jamison Lamp, Search Chair at (605) 688-4154 or Jamison.email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit yourfuture.sdbor.edu.