Website Valero Renewables
- Responsible for managing all aspects of environmental, health and safety, and regulatory compliance.
- Participates in objective setting, plan development and performance review of plant performance.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable regulations and permits under OSHA (including PSM), EPA, DENR, TTB, FRA and any other non-financial regulating body.
- Owns overall management system structure for compliance assurance and integrates all compliance tools into plant operations.
- Ensures all plant modifications receive appropriate permitting approval in timely manner to support construction schedule and all plant/system changes are managed through plant Management of Change (MOC) procedure.
- Maintains positive, proactive relationships with all regulatory contacts creating easy communication flow and positive view of plant by regulators.
- Ensures systems are in place to provide complete compliance with all regulations.
- Ensures training systems provide proper platform to promote ever increasing standards for safe work execution.
- Works with plant leadership team to implement changes that increase performance in all EH&S areas.
- Ensures all required compliance audits are performed, gaps are communicated and deficiency plans are developed and implemented.
- Develops leading and lagging measures that clearly articulate plant performance.
- Writes monthly reports on accomplishments, gaps and improvement plan progress.
- Develops and implements succession plan for future plants and projects.
Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Engineering, Safety or Environmental Sciences required.
10 years of overall work experience in an operating industrial facility required.
5 years experience in a Health, Safety, or Environmental role working in an industrial facility subject to OSHA 1910 and applicable EPA regulations or comparable experience required.
Experience with state pollution control standards preferred.
Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels, other petrochemical products and power. Valero subsidiaries employ approximately 10,000 people, and assets include 15 petroleum refineries with a combined throughput capacity of approximately 2.9 million barrels per day, 11 ethanol plants with a combined production capacity of 1.3 billion gallons per year.
About Valero Renewables – Aurora
Valero Renewables-Aurora is located near Aurora, S.D., six miles east of Brookings and 60 miles north of Sioux Falls. The bio-refinery sits on 420 acres and started ethanol production in November 2003. The facility uses a dry-grind production method and state-of-the-art technology to maintain industry-leading standards in production, safety, product quality and environmental stewardship. Recognized as the ethanol industry’s first 100 million-gallon-per-year production facility, the Aurora plant now annually processes more than 47 million bushels of corn into 130 million gallons of denatured ethanol and 480,000 tons of distillers grains co-products. The bio-refinery employs approximately 70 full-time personnel.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org