South Dakota State University is an NCAA Division I institution which competes in The Summit League for women’s basketball. This full-time, 12 month position will serve as Women’s Basketball Operations Coordinator for the SDSU Women’s Basketball program.
RESPONSIBILITIES: This position will assist the Head Women’s Basketball Coach and staff with all internal matters pertaining to the day-to-day operations of the women’s basketball program within the Intercollegiate Athletics Department to include, but not limited to: staff and team travel; organization and scheduling of recruiting activities for on campus events; academic oversight; organization of basketball camps; administrative duties; and student manager and staff management. This position acts as a liaison with community outreach programs while planning and monitoring special events and projects.
• Earned Bachelor’s degree by date of application.
• At least one year of extensive knowledge and understanding of the sport of intercollegiate basketball and familiarity with all aspects of intercollegiate women’s basketball.
• Self-directed and motivated.
• Effective communication (oral, written, and interpersonal) skills.
• Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
• Experience supervising and providing direction to others.
• General knowledge of the NCAA manual and governance structure.
• Academic advising.
• Knowledge of recruiting practices.
• Team travel coordination.
• Experience with event management.
• Summer camp experience.
• Division I women’s basketball related experience.
• Working knowledge of computer systems and various software packages.
SALARY: Contingent upon education and experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled with full consideration being given to application materials submitted by June 29, 2016.
APPLICATION PROCESS: SDSU accepts applications through an on-line employment site. To apply, visit: https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu, search by the position title, view the job announcement, and click on “apply for this posting.” The system will guide you through the electronic application form. The employment site will also require the attachment of a cover letter, which should specifically address how the candidate meets the qualifications as outlined in the advertisement; resume; and a reference page with the contact information for three professional references. E-mail applications will not be accepted. Please contact SDSU Human Resources at (605) 688-4128 if you require assistance with this process.
SDSU is especially interested in candidates that can contribute to and/or coordinate course offerings that address the experiences of underrepresented minorities in organizations.
Any offer of employment is contingent on the university’s verification of credentials and other information required by law and/or university policies, including but not limited to, a criminal background check.
For questions on the position contact Katie Falco, Search Chair at 605-688-4396 or by email at Katie.Falco@sdstate.edu
To apply for this job please visit yourfuture.sdbor.edu.