Administrative / Operations
2905 W 16th Avenue • Brookings, SD 57006
605-693-2148 (h) • 623-210-6616 (m) • email@example.com
A strategic, critical-thinking business operations professional with extensive experience in data mining and analysis, process improvement, systems and operational support including sales, account management, and quote-to-cash lifecycle in a complex technical environment. Adept at understanding the big picture and executing to detail. Leadership on cross-functional teams in fast-paced environments to achieve customer goals and successful business outcomes.
Business, Finance, and Sales Enablement Systems including MS Office with advanced Excel (pivots, complex formulas, macros), Outlook, Word and PowerPoint, Visio, Salesforce.com, Remedy Sales Continuum, Act!, Lotus Notes, FoxPro, SharePoint, Wiki internal site, Sales Insite, Xactly, Crystal Reports, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Webex, GoToMeeting, Blackboard Collaborate, BigMachines (Oracle CPQ) Configure/Price/Quote SaaS cloud solution (deployment and administration), PeopleSoft (Oracle) ERP including CRM and PFIN Financials/Order Management modules, Great Plains Accounting, Lotus123, WordPerfect, Sant ProposalMaster and RFP Master, ADP Aline, FedEx PowerShip, and others
* Blackboard Inc. / Blackboard Transact, Phoenix, AZ (2000 – 2013) *
Experienced leader for $1.65 billion global organization providing high-technology software, hardware, and consulting solutions to higher education, K-12, and corporate markets.
Manager, Client Operations – Transact Operations (May-September 2013)
Operations team reorganized into Client Support and Services. Time and revenue forecast reports for consulting projects using PowerPivot and SQL Server Management Studio. Client support system responsibilities added to team including assignment of customer support desk tickets.
Senior Manager, Operations – Transact Business Operations (December 2009-April 2013)
Promotion increasing scope of oversight for quote-to-cash process and systems. Initial deployments and enhancements for multiple new enterprise systems, including Salesforce and BigMachines (now Oracle CPQ) configure/price/quote SaaS cloud solutions, process integration with newly-outsourced manufacturing facility. Operationalized multiple new and complex suppliers and product lines into pre-sales, quote, order and fulfillment processes. Sales bookings revenue in Q2 of 2013 exceeded $11M for line of business. Evaluating product margins and redefining GSA pricing requirements, streamlining visibility into contractual and individual deal margins. Sarbanes-Oxley (Sarbox) process approvals.
Manager, Sales Operations – Sales (2007–2009)
Promotion taking on staff development, performance evaluation, and payroll oversight responsibilities for direct reports. Developed departmental KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and implemented metrics reporting. Created online quote request process and improved margin reporting and discount approval process. Expanded team in 2009, overseeing both Quote and Order Teams, enhancing effectiveness of quote functions and assuming ownership for ERP systems data management, customer account setup, contract origination, order placement, account reconciliation, and handoff to purchasing and manufacturing supply chain for fulfillment.
Quoting Supervisor / Quote Team Lead – Finance Operations (2004-2006)
Promotion to oversee work of existing and additional Quote Team members in fulfilling all quote output requirements, working with Order Team to transition sale detail into ERP systems. Assumed ownership of all quoting tools (Excel and Word) and added automated functionality. Subject Matter Expert (SME) for multiple complex products added to product ecosystem.
Senior Quoting Associate – Sales Operations / Sales (2002-2003)
Recruited into a new Sales Operations group to develop a team with company, product and quote configuration expertise and fulfill all price and quoting requirements.
Client Relationship Manager/Account Manager– Sales Team (2002)
· Owned overall client relationship and satisfaction, renewal contracts, expansion sales, liaison to internal teams.
· Client software license and hardware maintenance renewals and upsells, including conversions from perpetual maintenance licenses to annual licenses with significant price increases, exceeding goals within a book of business consisting of multiple large and well-known universities in North America.
· Paired with field sales executive for new and large expansion sales in territory, exceeded quarterly revenue goals.
Sales Support Specialist, Prospective and New Accounts (July 2001-January 2002)
· Relocation to Phoenix as result of acquisition and merger. Took on quoting and administrative role for sales with prospective customers nationally, trained internal sales colleagues on Windows product platform, learned Unix products, and managed multiple projects related to merging company systems, data, processes, and products.
Business Development Project Manager (May 2000-July 2001)
· Continuing all sales- and contract-related business during merger, transition of staff and roles, added interim accounting responsibilities.
* CEI Special Teams/CEI Card Systems, Brookings, SD/Canoga Park, CA (1997 – Nov. 2000) *
College Enterprises Inc./iCollege acquired the Special Teams division from American Express to complement their focus of on-site full-service copy centers, copyright clearance, and custom course packs at U.S. higher education campuses.
Sales Assistant/Business Development Project Manager – Reporting to General Manager. Responsible for all administrative functions related to prospective and customer sales including writing and organizing proposals and responses to RFI/RFP solicitations. Assumed some marketing rebranding responsibilities.
* American Express Special Teams, Inc., Brookings, SD May (1995 – 1997) *
American Express Travel Related Services acquired Special Teams, Inc.
Sales Assistant – Reporting to Vice President of Sales in Salt Lake City. All administrative support functions for remote sales executives in Western and Central U.S. regions, onboarding and coordinating departmental work for three regional assistants, sales liaison to other teams within company. Worked with Amex marketing team on rebranded literature and direction of new product positioning.
* Special Teams, Inc., Brookings, SD (June 1992 – May 1995) *
Stored value card systems to centralize administrative and financial functions for education, health care and corporate campuses. Start-up company founded 1985 by local entrepreneur Don Endres, recognized on Inc. 500’s Fastest Growing Private Companies in 1994 & 1995.
Sales Secretary/Sales Assistant – Reporting to Vice President of Sales and Marketing. RFP and bid submittals, correspondence and literature, documenting customer information and references, contract management, conference and trade show registrations and travel arrangements, customer sales calls, sales reporting and pipeline forecasts, coaching and training for systems and processes, establishing processes for new field offices throughout country, directing and overseeing work of Assistant.
* Fairmont Photo Press, Fairmont, MN (1991 – 1992) *
Intern – Typesetting, proofing, layout, and customer service for commercial printer with weekly newspaper.
South Dakota State University, Brookings, SD
- Home Economics Education – Extension emphasis, Credits Earned 1987-1990
- Courses also including German Language and Composition, Accounting, Computers
- Activities included Collegiate 4-H including National Conference Host Committee, delegate at Regional and National Conferences,
Block & Bridle, Rodeo Club, Little I and Home Ec Expo marketing/advertising committee and show participant
Fairmont Sr. High School, Fairmont, MN
- Graduate 1987
- Electives included Business, Sales/Marketing, Computer Science, and Advanced German
- Activities included DECA, Vocal Choirs and Bell Choirs, Musical Theater, Cheerleading, Track & Field,
4-H Club Member, Officer, and Graduate (full nine-year member), County Ambassador (founding),
County Federation Vice President, Citizenship Washington Focus (CWF) delegate for Minnesota, 4-H Key Award recipient, Danforth “I Dare You” Award recipient, MN State JLC (Junior Leadership Conference) participant
OTHER COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Boy Scouts of America, Grand Canyon Council – Troop 439 Committee Member, Asst. Rank Advancement & Merit Badge Coordinator (2 years)
- BSA / Cub Scouts, Grand Canyon Council – Pack 431 Asst. Den Leader (3 years)
- BSA / Cub Scouts, Sioux Council – Pack 4 Committee Member
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT SAMPLES
- Coaching for Optimum Performance and Coaching Circles Program – 2011
- BigMachines BigIdeas User Conference, attendee, Chicago, IL – 2009, 2011, 2012
- BigMachines System Administrator Training, Chicago, IL – 2010
- Goldblatt’s Theory of Constraints (TOC) Training – 2010
- DiSC Teambuilding (productivity, teamwork & communication), hosted – 2010
- Supervisory Skills for Success Program including Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) study – 2007
- Phoenix Conference for Women – 2007
- SkillPath Seminars, multiple, including Advanced Microsoft Excel 2007
- Micros Systems Corporate Boot Camp Training, Columbia, MD – 2004
- Interviewing Techniques Training for Managers – 2002
- NACCU 7th Annual Conference, exhibitor, San Jose, CA – 2000
- NACCU/NACAS Campus Card Workshop, attendee/exhibitor, New Orleans, LA – 1999
- Annual Client User Group Conference, staff, multiple years/locations – 1992-2013
- NACUBO Annual Conference, exhibitor, Boston, MA – 1997
- American Express Diversity Training – 1996
- Community Service Committee – 1993-1995
- Career Learning Center, Office Skills Certification, Client of the Month, Brookings, SD – 1992